- Cleaner and General workers, Ref No: HRMC 24/22/8
Department of Home Affairs – Arcadia, Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing Date: 10 May 2022
- The Department of Home Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender, disability) through the filling of these positions.
- We are looking for committed, passionate and talented individuals to form part of a new leadership team, equipped with the right skills to deliver a modern world-class service.
- If you are committed to delivering on the National Development Plan’s (NDP’s) priorities, ascribe the Department’s shared value set, have what it takes to serve the needs of South African citizens, residents and visitors, and your credentials meet the requirements of any of the positions, kindly respond before the closing date.
- A Basic education – ABET is required as recognised by SAQA
- Minimum of 1 year experience in cleaning services
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Knowledge of using variety cleaning equipment and products
- Knowledge of general hygiene practices
- Knowledge of facility layout
- Proven client-focus and orientation
- Interpersonal, service hygiene and communication skills
- Perform general cleaning services in the Department
- Clean bathrooms and kitchens and associated areas as per outlined standards
- Set of keys and for ensuring the security and integrity of areas of cleaning
- Report maintenance issues as per procedures
- Ensure that refuse is disposed timeously
- Maintain environment, deep clean carpeted and non-carpeted areas
- Ensure maintenance of storage areas
- Operate machinery as and when required
- Cleaning of the offices, store and boardrooms
- Dusting the furniture, vacuum, clean and empty of dustbins
- Sweeping floors, washing windows and waste removal
- Cleaning of passage, kitchen and stairs (General cleaning of the building)
- Sweeping, washing and polishing the floors
- Proper cleaning of the kitchen and equipment
- Collecting of kettles and urns, cleaning them and filing of water jugs
- Ensure that the boardroom is clean
- Organize cups, kettles glasses jugs for water
- Maintain good relationship with employees in the Department
- Build sound and sustainable relationships with clients
- Establish and maintain good relations within employees
- Maintain friendliness with employees all the time
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirement
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Perform duties within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Applications must be –
- sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the Circular, on or before the closing date;
- submitted on the New Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za;
- accompanied by a comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, including the details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible);
- accompanied by a copy of the Applicant’s ID, valid driver’s license where applicable and the highest relevant educational qualifications.
- Applicants who possess (a) foreign qualification(s), must also submit the evaluated results of such qualifications, as received from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- Shortlisted Candidates for posts on Salary Level 9 and above will be subjected to technical test(s) (which test Candidates demonstrated professional and technical competency against the job requirements and duties).
- All Candidates on Salary Level 11 and above will furthermore undergo a competency assessment, (which tests the Candidates’ demonstrated proficiency in the professional dimensions attached to the level of the post).
- For lower-level posts, preference may be given to locally based candidates on grounds of affordability.
- Employment suitability checks (credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references and qualification verifications)
- All Candidates applying for SMS posts (Salary Level 13 and above), will be required to complete the online “Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services” course.
- The course is available at the National School of Government (NSG), under the name “Certificate for entry into the SMS”.
- Full details can be obtained via the following link: http://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
- Candidates wishing to be considered for appointment, are encouraged to enrol for this course immediately.
Appointed persons will be required to:
- enter into an employment contract;
- serve a prescribed probation period; and
- successfully undergo an appropriate security clearance process within a prescribed timeframe.
- HRMC 24/22/8
- A basic salary of R104 073 to R122 592 per annum (Level 8).
- In addition, a range of benefits are offered.
- Ms P Makhalima, Tel No: (012) 406 4248
Download Full Vacancy
- Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria, 0001
- Physical Address: 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) street, Cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) street, Pretoria, 0001