LEARNERSHIP PROGRAM AIMED FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH A DISABILITY!
This is your opportunity to complete a one year learnership through one of SA’s biggest fashion retailers!
The successful candidate:
- Will be placed on a 12 month Learnership Programme in a retail store
- Will be expected to work within the trading hours of the store in which they are placed, including weekend work.
- Assist customers
- Payments and purchases on the POS system
- Opening new accounts
- Maintaining or controlling stock losses
- Customer feedback
- Building quality relationships with customers
- Commitment to the Learnership Programme
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientated
- Willingness to learn
- Interview and assessment (assessment tests basic level: reading, writing, numeracy and problem solving) – applicants must achieve at least 70%
- Applicants do not need Grade 12 but will need a Grade 10
- Learners appointed for the learnership programme must complete their programme before they can apply for a permanent position
- Preference will be given to individuals that meet the company’s EE targets as set out in our Employment Equity Plan
- Learners will be working in stores as a Sales Consultant. They are guaranteed 120 hours per month.
- Confirmation of Diagnosis of Disability done by a medical practitioner
Benefits to learners
Quality and Relevance of Training
- Improved quality of the education and training you receive;
- acquisition of the theoretical basis relevant to the occupation, as well as the ability to apply learning in the real work situation; and
- practical relevance of what you are learning.
Development of Applied Competence Required in the Workplace
You will develop the ability:
- to perform a set of job-related tasks – to actually do things;
- to understand what you are doing and why;
- to learn from what you are doing; and
- to adapt what you are doing to changes and unforeseen circumstance.
National recognition of competence
- National recognition of learning achievements that have wider application than in a single workplace of one employer;
- opportunity to obtain nationally recognised qualifications that are portable in the industry, across sectors and internationally; and
- opportunities to obtain higher levels of competence and certification that will enhance your marketability.
Improved access to and opportunities for employment or income-generation
- Opportunities to acquire fixed-term employment contracts for the duration of the learnership;
- opportunities for gainful employment, either with an employer, through self-employment or in temporary employment;
- opportunities for employed learners for job advancement/enrichment, and/or promotion; and
- opportunities for fast-tracking the development of learners.
Access to further learning
- Access to further education and training opportunities, either through other learnerships or advanced training programmes
CV’s can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org