Dpsa government vacancies circular is except during December and is published on weekly basis and contains the advertisements of jobs posts and vacancies in public service departments.
Note that although the circular is issued by the department of public services and administration, the application must be directed to the relevant department that is offering the vacancies.
How to apply?
direction to candidates
- applications on form z83 with full particulars of the applicants training, qualification, competencies, knowledge and experience must be directed to the department in which the vacant/job is advertised.
- Applicant must quote the reference number in the applications.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The Department of Public Service and Administration must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.
direction to departments
- The contents of this Circular must be brought to the attention of all employees.
- It must be ensured that employees declared in excess are informed of the advertised vacancies. Potential candidates from the excess group must be assisted in applying timeously for vacancies and attending where applicable, interviews.
- Where vacancies have been identified to promote representativeness, the provisions of sections 15 (affirmative action measures) and 20 (employment equity plan) of the Employment Equity Act, 1998 should be applied. Advertisements for such vacancies should state that it is intended to promote representativeness through the filling of the vacancy and that the candidature of persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representativeness, will receive preference.
- Candidates must be assessed and selected following the relevant measures that apply to employment in the Public Service.
dpsa government vacancies circular Minimum requirements
The circular contains different jobs ranging from general workers to professional jobs, the minimum requirements are stated according to the position which is currently advertised. some vacant need no experience, abet or grade 10, grade 12 or college /university qualification.